5 Ways to Lower Car Insurance Costs
Frustrated with your car insurance rates? Looking for ways to lower the costs and save some money? Follow these easy tips from American Advantage – Petersen Group in New Berlin, Wisconsin to help lower car insurance costs!
- Combine with your home or renters insurance: Combining your car insurance with your home or renters insurance can provide a significant discount. Typically, insurance companies will give a discount of around 20% on both car insurance policies and home insurance policies when they are bundles together. This is a great way to help lower car insurance costs!
- Select a higher deductible: In many cases, selecting a higher deductible will provide you with a lower cost up front. The down side to this is in the event of a loss, you will pay more out of pocket.
- Check for discounts: There are a variety of discounts that are available when purchasing car insurance. It is always a good idea to ask your agent if you qualify for any. A couple of examples of discounts that could be available are paid in full, EFT, good student, and safe driver.
- Keep your driving record clean: Practice safe driving to reduce your number of claims. Less citations and insurance claims will help to lower your car insurance costs.
- Work with an independent insurance agent: Most agents only represent one insurance company, whereas, independent agents represent multiple companies (usually around 20 different insurance companies). The independent agent does the shopping around for you and works on your behalf, not the insurance company. Would you rather have 1 option or 20? They offer unbiased advice on the best insurance options that fit your needs.
Are you ready to work with an agent who will find you the correct coverage to fit your life at a competitive price? Contact the insurance professionals of American Advantage – Petersen Group in New Berlin, Wisconsin for all our your car insurance needs!